She began her art training at the Taunton School of Art and took some lessons locally from Alec Carruthers Gould. From 1933 to 1937 she studied at the Grosvenor School of Modern Art under Iain Macnab whose interest in Russian Constructivism must have sparked her interest., returning to her family home in Golsoncott to work in her studio and later, forge.
Commissioned by brewers Arnold and Hancock to create sculptured inn signs in 1937 she created signs for The Valiant Soldier (Roadwater) and followed with The White Horse (Washford), The Butchers Arms (Carhampton) The Blackbird Inn (West Buckland) and The Half Way House (Willand) - all constructed in metal and wood.
Celebrated throughout her life as an artist with a passion for wood engraving she produced Paintings and Sculpture throughout her artistic career. She was an intrepid traveller, the inspiration to many of her works. Later, in her sixties and seventies she took up metal working and created sculpture and Constructionist work which reconnected her work to the European avant garde of her pre-war student days, in a late burst of outstanding creativity.
1939 Group exhibition Lucy Wertheim Gallery London
1942 Whitechapel Art Gallery, Ninth East End Academy Exhibition
1944 London Group Exhibition
1947 London Group Exhibition
1951 Society of Wood Engravers
1956 Society of Wood Engravers
1965 Bridgwater Arts Centre (joint exhibition with Yvonne Clench)
1974 Bridgwater Arts Centre
1982 British Artist Blacksmiths Association Exhibition
1984 Society of Wood Engravers (Refounded)
1985 Society of Wood Engravers "
1986 Society of Wood Engravers "
1986 London Exhibition of War Time Paintings